650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Chopper jobs > > simple wiring

simple wiring
    Forum Index -> Chopper jobs
rocknroll_rambler919

PostPosted: October 15, 2006, 9:06 pm    Post subject: simple wiring

hey group i was wondering if anyone had a simple self explained way of wiring up my bike , i have several diagrams but none seem to make sense to me , i am looking str8 foward red goes here wht goes there type of answer.....i am looking to change my 650 over to a chopper or bobber style and hopeing to rid myself of all the safety wiring on the bike .if anyone has a preschool way of telling or showing me plz responde.....i have almost no hair left after dealing with a harness problem of 1 day it will fire the next 2 it wont ..........plz help

thanks
Rambler 919
CLAY

PostPosted: October 18, 2006, 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: simple wiring

Check this page on www.650wiki.org. If you haven't been to the wiki, check it out- it's a godsend for XS650 owners who do their own work (which is pretty much all of us...)
650wiki.org/index.php/...g_Diagrams

There's XS650 simplified, and simplified wiring for choppers.

Using these diagrams I found it pretty straightforward to wire the whole thing myself...

'03 Bandit 1200S
'85 SP600
twinoak.altelco.net/~j...cycle.html
royfisk

PostPosted: October 18, 2006, 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: simple wiring

Easiest way and cleanest way that I know of is a solid state rectifier regulator such as ricks available any parts unlimited dealer. which makes your chargeing system a three piece set, rotor, stator, rec/reg. 3 wires to the stator, one to ground, and one to load side of key switch, This is important if you go to battery side of switch your battery will discharge when not being run. Then from there everything else.
rocknroll_rambler919

PostPosted: October 18, 2006, 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: simple wiring

thanks guys i will check these out and let u know what becomes of my toy......maybe alot ..lol thanks again

Forum Index -> Chopper jobs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1