650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > sourcing chrome hardware???

sourcing chrome hardware???
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
benztech

PostPosted: November 25, 2009, 11:42 pm    Post subject: sourcing chrome hardware???

I want to replace all the acorn nuts on the XS. I can't seem to source any 10x 1.25 acorn nuts in chrome. I know MIKESXS has them, but i'm looking for a better quality fastener. can anyone point me in the right direction..
Visegrippe

PostPosted: November 26, 2009, 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: sourcing chrome hardware???

try your local industrial fastener supplier. though no guarentee they'll be any better.

you could always go high end and replace all the hardware with aerospace grade fasteners...
benztech

PostPosted: November 26, 2009, 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: sourcing chrome hardware???

well I use to go to my local ACE that has a huge chrome supply. however the 10 x1.25 is not available there. they do carry 10x 1.50 in the chrome acorn.
Skip

PostPosted: November 26, 2009, 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: sourcing chrome hardware???

I have purchased stainless metric hardware for my XS from a ebay seller in Germany named Franke and is a great guy to deal with
I know that it seems odd to deal to Germany for metric hardware,but if for the most part if the US is anything like Canada,nobody wants to stock any metric stainless hardware.
I also bought some real nice stainless brake caliper pistions from him which were dirt cheap!
Here is the lnk to his ebay store
myworld.ebay.com/kenos...SX:SELLERI

Please check out my wifes web site!
www.dlgcreations.com
Photo Gallery
maninthejar

PostPosted: November 26, 2009, 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: sourcing chrome hardware???

There are a couple of good suppliers I have used in the UK. With the current dollar/pound exchange rate these should be cheap as chips for US and Canadian buyers.

Namrick
Stagonset

Also Yambits has chromed M!0 fine pitch dome nuts

Yambits - 10mm X 1.25 mm Pitch Dome Nut

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1