650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Chopper jobs > > Almost finished.......1977 Chop-N-Drop

Almost finished.......1977 Chop-N-Drop
    Forum Index -> Chopper jobs
Ripper_Rudnick

PostPosted: September 8, 2008, 1:44 pm    Post subject: Almost finished.......1977 Chop-N-Drop

It has been a while since I have posted, but with work, kids, wife, etc....has taken me a while to finish up the little things. The only thing I have left is to get a new rotor and stator and finish wiring it.

Hillchop

PostPosted: September 11, 2008, 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: Almost finished.......1977 Chop-N-Drop

awesome bike! dig that saddlebag...any mods to the front end to get it that low? shortened fork tubes etc...
Ripper_Rudnick

PostPosted: September 11, 2008, 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Almost finished.......1977 Chop-N-Drop

No mods to the front end, it looks lower because of the fork boots. Thanks for looking.
TeeCat

PostPosted: September 11, 2008, 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Almost finished.......1977 Chop-N-Drop

That's a TOUGH lookin' bike! Razz May I ask where you got those tires? I was trying to imagine them on my roadster.

TC
Photo Gallery
Ripper_Rudnick

PostPosted: September 11, 2008, 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Almost finished.......1977 Chop-N-Drop

They are just Pirelli MT66 Route tires, The only thing I did was paint the letters. I like the look of drag slicks...big white letters.

Thanks for the compliments. Here is an updated pic.

NateDogg

PostPosted: September 11, 2008, 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Almost finished.......1977 Chop-N-Drop

That's a cool looking bike, and this is coming from a guy who thinks most hard tails are really gay.....cool tires too....and saddlebacg
Hillchop

PostPosted: September 12, 2008, 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: Almost finished.......1977 Chop-N-Drop

NateDogg wrote:
That's a cool looking bike, and this is coming from a guy who thinks most hard tails are really gay.....cool tires too....and saddlebacg

most hardtails? even BMX'S???
Ripper_Rudnick

PostPosted: September 12, 2008, 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Almost finished.......1977 Chop-N-Drop

Don't be bad mouthing some BMX now, I raced BMX up until last year....getting too old and broken ya know.
swervn2000

PostPosted: September 12, 2008, 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Almost finished.......1977 Chop-N-Drop

hey RIP.. can we get a pic of the kick stand and one of the hartail to back bone close ups?? and PLEASE one of the forward controls.... i have made 3 sets of fwd controls, they all work but these are differnt & cool. and what tank you got?? i have a sporty king..... your ride is great..... one more question and im done.... how does the hard tail ride?? im putting mini shocks on the seat. but.... is a hard tail a hurt back in the works or does the springer seat help......
man that ride looks good...its my back ground now... im still running exaust on both sides though.
thanxs... swervn

Last edited by swervn2000 on September 12, 2008, 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
swervn2000

PostPosted: September 12, 2008, 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Almost finished.......1977 Chop-N-Drop

oops... is it streched or the same wheel base..man i like this ride.!.!
johnwesley

PostPosted: September 12, 2008, 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Almost finished.......1977 Chop-N-Drop

cool chop I am building one as well just about 3hrs from you in Mena, AR. Built a rockcrawler a few years ago, ran it some at hot springs. Let me know if you get out this way and I show you some great roads around Queen Willimena
NateDogg

PostPosted: September 12, 2008, 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Almost finished.......1977 Chop-N-Drop

I aint ripping on BMX!!! i still have my Skyway TA and a Hutch trickstar...and my mountain bike is a hardtail. I just think most of these xs's look retarded with a hardtail, there is a choice few with zero stretch that look okay though....
Ripper_Rudnick

PostPosted: September 13, 2008, 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Almost finished.......1977 Chop-N-Drop

Swervn2000 - I will get some closeup pics for you soon. As for ride? I wish I knew,I still need to buy a Stator and Rotor.....Darned XS's. The tank is from a 2001 1200 Sportster 3.3 gallon. You can't tell from the pics, but the shifter is actually 2 wrenches. The stretch is, added 7" in the backbone and added 5.25" to the rear. The wheelbase is now ~62".

JohnWesly - Cool, are you going to Bikes, Blues & BBQ this year?

NateDogg - I didn't think you were actually rippin on BMX. A Skyway TA and a Hutch...WAY COOL!!!!!! I just sold my Webco a few months ago, along with my Standard 125r.

johnwesley

PostPosted: September 14, 2008, 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Almost finished.......1977 Chop-N-Drop

I will most likely be there atleast one day. BBBq
swervn2000

PostPosted: September 14, 2008, 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Almost finished.......1977 Chop-N-Drop

i made fwd controls with wrenches and sockets also!!! hahaa guess theres some "old school redneck wrench welders" in all of us!!!!lol!!
Ripper_Rudnick

PostPosted: September 15, 2008, 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Almost finished.......1977 Chop-N-Drop

Swervn - here ya go on some close-up in process of being built.

swervn2000

PostPosted: September 17, 2008, 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Almost finished.......1977 Chop-N-Drop

WOW GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!!!! i did mine almost the same. did you know the factory muffler mounts will bolt up to the forward motor mount?? me neither it just so did though. i ran the shifter on the bottom cause i am running duels, but looks close, hope i can borrow some of your ideas (if thats ok??) and use square tubing on the ends....heheee im thinking rail road spikes for pegs!! ... man i think im going have a "moment"....oh wait....we can all have one....lol. thanks for the pics rip!!

Forum Index -> Chopper jobs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1