650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > So im sad now...

So im sad now...
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
scott

PostPosted: April 8, 2007, 7:18 pm    Post subject: So im sad now...

i cant get my bike going and im pretty sure its a valve problem.
im getting kind of frustrated so ive been considering taking it to a shop.
anyone in richmond va want to make some money?
kingwj
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 8, 2007, 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: So im sad now...

did you check compression and spark? Did you just do something to the bike? What are the symptoms? How about new plugs?

1979 XS650F
1979 XS750SF
1972 Triumph Tiger
Photo Gallery
scott

PostPosted: April 9, 2007, 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: So im sad now...

i finally got her running and i was just going to take it through a couple gears. got it about 2 blocks away and she stopped running. my electric start isnt working yet, so when i tried to kick start it it has varying amounts of compression. sometimes it will kick right through, other times its pretty tough. when i was pushing it home i had to go down a little hill, so i rolled it and tried to kick start it while the wheels were turning, it would run but when i got it in gear and let the clutch out it would just cut out on me. it also seams like the left side is firing harder than the right side once its running.

Sad
kingwj
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 10, 2007, 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: So im sad now...

Sounds like gas, or ignition, or engine.

First thing is to make sure everything is as right as you can get it. Put in new, brand new, plugs. Make sure you have fresh gas. Did you clean the carbs? If not clean them. Make sure you record the number of turns on the mixture screws as you pull them out. Put some SeaFoam in your tank, it will clear the wet parts of your carbs over time.

Is this something that just happened? Did the bike run last year? I think you need to go through a few systems and you'll be OK.

Relax, take a breathe.

1979 XS650F
1979 XS750SF
1972 Triumph Tiger
Photo Gallery
scott

PostPosted: April 10, 2007, 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: So im sad now...

kingwj wrote:
Sounds like gas, or ignition, or engine.

First thing is to make sure everything is as right as you can get it. Put in new, brand new, plugs. Make sure you have fresh gas. Did you clean the carbs? If not clean them. Make sure you record the number of turns on the mixture screws as you pull them out. Put some SeaFoam in your tank, it will clear the wet parts of your carbs over time.

Is this something that just happened? Did the bike run last year? I think you need to go through a few systems and you'll be OK.

Relax, take a breathe.

definitely need to just breathe and relax.
i think in the next few days im going to take your advice and just go through everything. cleaning the carbs definitely should be done, new plugs couldnt hurt but they seem pretty new. i bought this bike in non running condition about a month ago. i got a good deal on it and pretty much had to do nothing to get it running, it was dumb of me to take her on a quick ride without making sure everything was up for it.

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1