650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Cafe Racer > > My latest project almost finished

My latest project almost finished
    Forum Index -> Cafe Racer
dpmphoto

PostPosted: June 17, 2008, 7:49 pm    Post subject: My latest project almost finished

This is my daily rider which I'm slowly leaning towards turning into a cafe. In the process of a building a new seat and obtaining a different tank perhaps a XS 750 if my other choices can't be obtained. Thinking about keeping the paint scheme the same. Any recommendations would greatly be appreciated.

bike copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  74.6 KB
 Viewed:  344 Time(s)

bike copy.jpg

georelle

PostPosted: June 17, 2008, 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: My latest project almost finished

Very nice bike. The paint scheme looks great. At least it's not black. I would definitely stick with it if you change tanks. Although the one on there looks pretty good.
'02 Suzuki VZ800
'78 Honda CM185T
Photo Gallery
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: June 18, 2008, 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: My latest project almost finished

Looks great yellow/white! Have you considered a nice set of 18" spoked alloy rims with dunlop TT100 tyres?
dpmphoto

PostPosted: June 18, 2008, 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: My latest project almost finished

I have the rims from a 77 need to cut out the spokes, powder coat the hubs black,polish the rims and relace.
xsjohn

PostPosted: June 18, 2008, 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: My latest project almost finished

dpmphoto.......Some slotted rotors on that yellow bike will help it stop a bunch better and get rid of the squeeky sounds...

xs850 front fits right on the rear
and xs1100 slotted front fits right on the front..........

xsjohn
Photo Gallery
dpmphoto

PostPosted: June 18, 2008, 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: My latest project almost finished

Thanks for the advice, I was going to drill them but said screw it, your right it doesn't stop very well, I'll be going back to the drum when I finish the rims and some 1100 for the front.I might change pipes and muffler too if I can find something that performs as well as this 2 into one, The headers are bubbs but I have no clue what the muffler is. The exhaust came from a guy who use to dirt track race and he had these unused in his shop, he said it would make about 6 more horses than stock I think he might be right, I noticed a huge difference when I put these on,the bike hauls ass.Anyone building a street or dirt tracker would love this setup.Was also wondering about sprockets I'm always trying to shift into 6th on this thing.

Forum Index -> Cafe Racer All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1